Swell Eco Lodge offers exclusive Transkei Wild Coast accommodation with modern stylish interiors and traditional Xhosa exteriors. Our Eco lodge offers self-catering or catered accommodation (no restaurant on-site), ideal for couples, groups and families who want to experience the true beauty of the Wild Coast while enjoying the comforting luxuries everyone deserves on holiday! The lodge consists of 1 Sea facing Honeymoon/Family unit, 3 Sea facing Duplex units each consisting of 2 Rondavels and 2 Sea View Rondavels.
Please note, our lodge is off the beaten track and you will travel on gravel road to get to the lodge. You do not need a 4×4 to get to our lodge but a vehicle with higher clearance recommended. You can get here in a small car but you just need to take it very slow on the gravel. You can always call us to see what the state of the road condition is like at the time.
We offer transfers to and from surrounding areas and airports. Please contact us for more information.
Luxury Honeymoon/ Family Rondavel – Sea Facing
This unit truly is luxury accommodation in the Transkei, with a gorgeous, spacious upstairs loft bedroom that has an incredible view of the ocean and surrounding landscape. The downstairs consists of a second bedroom and a shared bathroom that has a double shower. The open plan kitchen/living area is spacious with French doors opening out onto a large deck to relax on. This unit is done out in a stylish design that incorporates both modern and antique finishes and boasts the best view of the lodge.
- Each bedroom has a king sized bed (or 2 single beds)
- There is one double sleeper couch in this unit.
- Fully equipped self-catering kitchen equipped with a side by side electric Fridge/Freezer and gas oven/stove.
- This unit has a webber which can be used to cook on the deck.
Sea Facing Duplex Rondavels/Units
These sea facing units have remarkable Transkei sea views with large decks to unwind on and spacious, modern rooms to relax. The kitchen / living areas are open plan and beautifully designed with a modern concrete finish.
- Each unit consists of 2 en-suite bedrooms that are rented separately and share a kitchen living area.
- Each bedroom has a king sized bed (or 2 single beds) as well as a double sleeper couch.
- Fully equipped self-catering kitchen equipped with a gas oven/stove, electric chest freezer and fridge.
- Each unit has its own braai area.
Sea View Rondavels
Our Sea View Rondavels open onto a small private deck where you can relax and enjoy the stunning view of our surrounding area.
The large detached kitchen has a picture perfect Transkei sea view and a large living area. This kitchen over-looks the communal pool area.
- These 2 Rondavels have en-suite bathrooms.
- The kitchen is shared between the 2 Rondavels.
- Each bedroom has a king sized bed (or 2 single beds) and a small sleeper-couch if needed for children.
- Fully equipped detached self-catering kitchen with a gas oven/stove, electric chest freezer and fridge.
- Webber braai available for outside use.